side panel fixing on truck bed

Hi, As you may or may not know I got my truck in a " kit " form. I am attempting to refit the truck bed with new wood. My concern is what do the side panels bolt to or is it the outside wood strips that hold the panels on. I might have some brackets missing. Any advice most welcome along with pictures would be great , Many thanks , Dave .......Norwich England

Interesting your pic shows the boards ending where they meet the front end of the rear header. On my '51, they go over and are supported by the rear header.  Is that board length correct for a C series?

I'm not sure about your truck, but the bracket on my bed side was on top of the wood bed. There were three cross members and the back rail at the tail gate. For each of these rails a bolt went trough the bracket, the wood, and then a hole in the end of the rail.

Edited by johnsartain

19 hours ago, johnsartain said:

I'm not sure about your truck, but the bracket on my bed side was on top of the wood bed. There were three cross members and the back rail at the tail gate. For each of these rails a bolt went trough the bracket, the wood, and then a hole in the end of the rail.

Yup... it goes through the metal bed rail, the wood and to the 3 support rails. The other bolts on the bed rail just go through the wood and have a washer.