What’s a good upholstery cleaner restorer

Dodgy49

Hey folks, 

So the original seats in the Coronet are in mostly fair to good shape but are dirty, dry, and brittle. Is there a wax, lotion, balm, whatever that will rejuvenate the material? I’m not expecting perfection but these poor things need some attention and I don’t want to clean them with something that will do more harm than good. 

Thanks 

I assume these are fabric and not vinyl ?

I would try a cleaning machine like the little green machine, made by one of the big vacuum cleaner companies. It combines water based cleaner and a vacuum, kind of like a rug cleaner. That would help the cleaning side. Maybe some moisture will help flexibility a little, but probably will have to reupholster at some point....fortunately you probably don’t have foam inside the seats, which will break down over time.

If Vinyl, you can try armor all to help soften after cleaning with a vinyl cleaner.

3 hours ago, Dartgame said:

I assume these are fabric and not vinyl ?

I would try a cleaning machine like the little green machine, made by one of the big vacuum cleaner companies. It combines water based cleaner and a vacuum, kind of like a rug cleaner. That would help the cleaning side. Maybe some moisture will help flexibility a little, but probably will have to reupholster at some point....fortunately you probably don’t have foam inside the seats, which will break down over time.

If Vinyl, you can try armor all to help soften after cleaning with a vinyl cleaner.

Be careful if the cloth is really weak as it can tear while wet. Ask me how.

Dr Doctor is right, armor all can make vinyl surfaces slick. Use some in a non critical place and see how it behaves. You might want to look at other similar products on the market. Griot’s garage makes leather conditioners which might work too.