Easy things are getting difficult

greg g

3 hours ago, soth122003 said:

Even though I just turned 58, I am not quite ready to give up doing my own work. My legs are going out, same with my eyes and I have COPD. The biggest problem I have is getting down and getting back up. All I have is the driveway to work in and my biggest gripe is forgetting a certain tool and then having to get back up to get it. The big lessons here are... After 55 concrete is not your friend, Florida humidity is a killer in the summertime and mosquitoes will always find the most annoying place to bite you while your under the car.

Joe

P.S. Change your work rest cycle. Instead of 2 hours of work and 15 minutes of rest, I do about 20 minutes of work and then I do 1 hour of research.

There are small car lifts that raise cars from the side. They don't go up very high,but plenty high for working under one. Best of all,they roll around. They are made for people with small garages that don't have enough overhead room for a regular lift. One of those might be the solution to a lot of your problems.

Also,you can leave a small footstool near where you are working,and when you come out from under the car can use it to put your hand on to help you stand up.

My best advise is to not get fat. Bubble bellies and COPD do not play well together.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1