Scarebird Conversion (ex. 7 pass.) ?

Dennis Detweiler

Common question and the best answer is, as Don says, is to callem'.

Someone will correct me but, IIRC, the 7-pass are the Limo's and Suburbans with the additional jump seats.

I've always thought that the "ex 7 pass" wording means that the part or parts will fit whatever year is indicated "EXCLUDING the 7 passenger cars" which as far as I am aware in the Dodge & Plymouth brands used the larger/stronger DeSoto and/or Chrysler parts where required on their limo/7 passnger cars.........andyd 

After much research my Plymouth P8 4 dr sedan is 5 passenger and not considered a limo 7 passenger. Bolt pattern is 4.5.  So, the Scarebird kit will work. The limo could seat 3 in front and 4 in the rear and had larger rear doors with a slightly longer wheel base. I assume it had a heavier suspension and spindles.

Edited by Dennis Detweiler
more info

Typically, the long-wheelbase sedans had a full rear seat, and in the extra 18 inches between the front and back seat, a pair of jump seats.  (In some cases, there may be a full second seat?)  So. I guess they would count two in front, two on the jump seats, and three on the back seat.

The DeSoto Suburban had a full size second seat, and a folding rear seat that was an extension of a cargo floor in the trunk.  (They claimed seating for up to nine, a real squeeze.)