Sign in to follow this  
mrbobs48

48 Plymouth Reverse

Ok guys I took off the bellhousing to get the pressure off my 48.  put in a new clutch pressure plate and motor mounts. Now I have no reverse, had it before all this. Ok I have read all the post on here, but my question is, the back transmission C lever has a neutral they say. I can push it forward and backwards. Where is neutral on that C lever??  It doesn't click in neutral like the front lever.  I have tried every angle on it with arm on an off. My next step is the column adjustment. This is a pain doing it by yourself.  What am I missing. I want to go for a drive.

Edited by mrbobs48

up to 48 the transmission rods are only adjustable at the column the later 53-54 and most likely forward will be adjusted at the transmission end of the control rod.  Do you have the repair manual associated with your vehicle?  This is not an uncommon occurrence after correcting bad rear mounts etc.