New 1936 Chrysler

1949 Wraith

After  a couple of years of searching I finally found a half decent reasonably priced Airflow.

1936 Chrylser Imperial Airflow

20180706_153400 (3).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very nice car. I have yet to see one in person around here. I heard a comment that Chrysler engineers spent way more time building an awsome car, compared to the designers who worked on the final appearance of the car. 

I am not sure I agree with that. I think the car looks great. It was so far ahead of its time. Today car makers spend huge money studying market trends. To ensure they bring a new product tp market that will likely succeed. In the 1930’s was that even on the radar? 

I love the airflow, never seen a done car in person, just parts cars and projects.

This would be a great car for Chrysler to bring back IF they would get it right. I will say they do a far better job than the others. The exception, I know Jeep is connected to Chrysler. The "Renegade", I'm into old Jeep CJ's and for them to take a name that really meant something and apply it to a minivan really got me. 

Thanks for the comments on the Airflow.

The gentleman had about 25 cars for sale and I was really taken by one of the others. He made me a deal for the two that I could not refuse so I ended up with 2 of his cars, unfortuneatly the 2 were painted the exact shade of white. There must have been a sale on white paint.

20180705_181323.jpg

Now you better join the Airflow Club of America!

Nice car ! ?

323 eight with Overdrive?

Like your Airflow............in the mid 1980's I lived in Springwood in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney and occaisonally noticed a silver, 34/35 De Soto Airflow 4dr sedan around town, I eventually caught up with the owner when I was driving my 40 Dodge so we struck up a conversation.........he invited me to see a few of his cars and imagine my surprise when I found that he had not only the De Soto Airflow but also a 1934 Imperial Airfow Coupe......a huge unrestored thing with rear side windows about 4' long, it along with a couple of mid 30's Airstream Chryslers and some mid 50's small English sedans were not for sale, one was a very nice & clean Hillman or maybe a Sunbeam Wagon, Shooting Brake or Estate car.......imagine my surprise a few weeks later when I saw the guy again in town with the Hillman or Sunbeam with the same licence plate front & rear that the 34/35 De Soto Airflow had on it...........when I asked him if he had had the rego changed he replied......"Nope!.....you can only drive one car at a time so I might as well just have one set of plates and just swap them over." was his reply............he was well into his 70's I thought so knew more about these things than me......lol......I thought, smiled and admired his gall............... we moved a few yrs later and did hear that he'd passed away and the collection was sold but every time I see an Airflow it reminds me of this guy & the 2 he had, beautiful cars...........thanks Wraith..............andyd  

Edited by Andydodge

A beautiful C2 1935 Imperial Airflow cpe I've done a bunch of work on. Airflows are a very special car for sure.

FD C2 35 Imperial Airflow Coupe.jpg

7 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Now you better join the Airflow Club of America!

Nice car ! ?

323 eight with Overdrive?

Yes she has the 323 and overdrive. She is a Canadian built car, one of about 9 Imperials built here. The car was found in a lumber mill and restored about 11 years ago but never registered for the road. She will need to be gone over again pretty throughly.

I suspect I will be joiming the Airflow Club and I think I can join the Imperial club as well.

10 hours ago, casper50 said:

What's up with those headlights?  Downsizing?

The headlights and front end of the car was what appealed to me. Reminds me of some of the 20's style cars, while still being able to drive easy at highway speeds.