Master brake cylinder quality?

Thomba48

On ebay or Amazon master brake cylinder prices range from 80$ to 200$. Does this also matter the former one is not as good? Braking is a rather essential task after all, so I better should be safe ?

1 hour ago, Thomba48 said:

On ebay or Amazon master brake cylinder prices range from 80$ to 200$. Does this also matter the former one is not as good? Braking is a rather essential task after all, so I better should be safe ?

Given where you live and the shipping expenses,you only want to do this once. Do yourself a favor and buy a new or rebuilt one from someplace like Bernbaum or White Post Restorations and be done with it.

AFAIK,Bernbaum buys the ones they sell from some manufacturer,but White Post rebuilds originals by boring out the bore and then inserting a brass sleeve and come with a lifetime warranty. They have been doing this for decades now and have an excellent reputation,so if I were you,I think this is the way I would go.

Given where you live,you might ask them how much they would charge to supply the core. You might save money as well as time by not having to pay shipping and customs twice.

http://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

Given where you live and the shipping expenses,you only want to do this once. Do yourself a favor and buy a new or rebuilt one from someplace like Bernbaum or White Post Restorations and be done with it.

AFAIK,Bernbaum buys the ones they sell from some manufacturer,but White Post rebuilds originals by boring out the bore and then inserting a brass sleeve and come with a lifetime warranty. They have been doing this for decades now and have an excellent reputation,so if I were you,I think this is the way I would go.

Given where you live,you might ask them how much they would charge to supply the core. You might save money as well as time by not having to pay shipping and customs twice.

http://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

Thanks. I have contacted Whitepost. I shall see what they have to say ? On the Bernbaum front I have a tiny little question. He is offering one type of master cylinder for all Plymouth cars ranging from 42 to 54. Not that I shall go for that  but on ebay and amazon  it looks like the P15 master cylinders are being perceived to be not compatible with the P18 modell. So is the latter wrong and/or the Bernbaum offering realistic? thanks

2 hours ago, Thomba48 said:

Thanks. I have contacted Whitepost. I shall see what they have to say ? On the Bernbaum front I have a tiny little question. He is offering one type of master cylinder for all Plymouth cars ranging from 42 to 54. Not that I shall go for that  but on ebay and amazon  it looks like the P15 master cylinders are being perceived to be not compatible with the P18 modell. So is the latter wrong and/or the Bernbaum offering realistic? thanks

Sorry,I am not the gooroo you need to ask about this. Maybe someone else will chime in?

If not,just email Bernbaum and ask them directly if it is a direct swap requiring no modifications or complications.

• Thanks 1

Check with Bernbaum, but with some of his catalog listings he shows a picture and lists a range of years with a price, but when you order the item he asks for the make year and model. I suspect he stocks parts for specific models, but lists them with one listing to simplify his catalog.

• Thanks 1