Happy 4th

Plymouthy Adams

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Wishing everyone here has a safe and joyful 4th of July...don't overdo the eats.....

Thank you Mr. PA!! Happy Independence Day to you and yours as well. I took a couple of days off, visited a friend in Illinois yesterday. Wanted to get a look at this motorcycle he'd just acquired. Bought another Harley while I was there, too. The XR is a little too racy for me anymore.

Mike's XR1200X.jpg

Edited by MackTheFinger

As some of you know, took the house down to the studs from the outside and insulated...brought it back up with new sheeting and siding....I ALMOST declared my independence from working on the house.....did not get my crawl space vents cut in but the underpinning is on, the crawlspace doors built, shutter pressure washed and changed from green to black and storm windows back on the windows.  

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Nice work on the house!

How many families live in the mansion??

DJ

VINYL

the house had 8" steel siding in place when I bought it some 24 years ago and upon adding the garage/shop I matched the reveal with new 8" vinyl...the steel siding was really showing its age and had some peeling issues going on in section.  So again, I special ordered the 8" exposure vinyl, added vinyl soffits around the entire perimeter of the house and garage addition, soffits added at this time to original structure eliminating the exposed rafter look, vinyl clad aluminum broke around the windows, doors and all the fascia.  The porch ceiling also got vinyl treatments and the rear screened in porch also finished in and out in vinyl. Trying to get maintenance down to a minimum and also bring the house to a fresher look.  

another point of interest is that I removed all the shrubbery that was already out of control when I bought the place but for 24 years clipped as best possible...the front box hedge was some 14 feet deep...out of control...I have a hedge row to clear now that I own the lot next door to my right.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

20 hours ago, pflaming said:

July 4th dinner in Maine. This we do every year we come East!

IMG_4104.JPG

Why do people eat lobster and crab? Please refer to your questions re veganism from this thread for the remainder of my questions. They're as appropriate here as they were in that instance. 

As in the aforementioned reference, and to carry this hyposethis to an absurdity;  do people who enjoy crustaceans subconsciously see themselves as armored and tough on the outside but fear they may be flaky and spineless inside?

I adjure anyone who may read this that these questions are not a diatribe against seafood lovers or anyone in particular but as part of a larger "Classical rhetorical inquiry." ?

The New England Honda Dealers are currently running a radio spot that "humorously"  refers to that regional delicacy, the lobster roll,

as "...a giant boiled bug sandwich." 

I'm not originally from around here and confess to enjoying an occasional lobster tail on special occasions while growing up in WNY, but  it does give me pause every time I hear that commercial.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

Why do people eat lobster and crab? Please refer to your questions re veganism from this thread for the remainder of my questions. They're as appropriate here as they were in that instance. 

As in the aforementioned reference, and to carry this hyposethis to an absurdity;  do people who enjoy crustaceans subconsciously see themselves as armored and tough on the outside but fear they may be flaky and spineless inside?

I adjure anyone who may read this that these questions are not a diatribe against seafood lovers or anyone in particular but as part of a larger "Classical rhetorical inquiry." ?

you do know that if your butt got caught up in a tidal current and was swept offshore and stuck on a reef, shelf or other such obstacle, these same critters would be dining on your carcass and care less you have a spine or packing a pistol for that matter...space and time issue...