front fender mount spare tire

sdaven

I'm new here, I've searched and have not found any info on fender mounted spare tire. I've got a 1937 Plymouth pickup with a spare tire in the right front fender, I would like to put one in the left fender. Has this been done, I think this was an option originally, I've found a blank fender well online (I'm guessing it need modifying, how much I don't know). The biggest problem is the bracket that bolts to the frame. Is this available somewhere ? If I have to find an old one is this bracket used on other pickups or cars or years? Am I crazy for thinking this is possible?

Thanks for the reply. I did post in trucks but I was hoping maybe you car guys would know if the bracket is the same for cars and trucks, and what years the same bracket was used. It would really be far out if someone has done this before and could offer any advice or tell me where to go. I think it would be the same for car or truck.