M6 transmission parking brake cable routing.

Dodgy49

1949 Coronet FluidDrive. I have really confused myself. 

The routing for the parking brake cable eludes me, I took it off...but can’t seem to see the obvious.  There is a “U” bracket on the lower side of the gearbox that is basically in line with the parking brake actuator lever.  Going forward the cable seems to be forced at a sharp angle to clear the transmission mount, either to the side or top.  There is a clip on the bellhousing that suggests it comes back level from there rearward but again to clear the mount. Sorry to ask this but I’m a firm believer the stupid question is the one you don’t ask. 

E-Brake cable routing should look similar to this 1950 Chrysler with Fluid drive and the M-6 Gyro-Matic trans.......

Up to Early 1950 Emergency Brake Cable Routing Band Type E- Brake.JPG

IMG_2580.JPG

If the motor mounts are old and compressed it is a tight spot.   The cable does go through that tight spot.

You have to sometimes raise the trans and bell housing to get the cable through that small area. I have had to do it on different cars jacking just that drivers side motor mount by removing the lower 5/8" nut... raising the engine there 1" is enough.