'53 Plymouth Brake Drums

Mister53

I have been searching high and low for replacement rear brake drums for my '53 Cambridge. I can't seem to locate any, I would resurface the old one but they're out of round and worn down, so it's pointless. Does anyone know where I can find new or serviceable drums?

the first question who have you tried to locate the drum from such as bernbaums roberts and or any other vendors or even ebay.  so let us know what you have done upto this point.

Do not just ask for leads but tell us what you have don eto find any drums.

I am not trying to be mean to you but we need more input to help you.

rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. I don't know where you are located but there is a place here in MA called Then and Now who deals in vintage auto parts. If they don't have the drums you need, they could probably steer you in the right direction. Good luck to you.

John R

http://www.then-now-auto.com/

with so many people converting to disc brakes, there have to be a number of forum members with their old drums taking up space under the workbench.

If you are on Vancouver Island I could easily help you but freight rates into the USA are prohibitive.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, John Reddie said:

Here is another place I found that lists rear drums and hubs for your Plymouth. I have never dealt with them but it's worth a shot.

John R

http://www.atlaschrys.com/Early/Brakes/EarlyRearBrakeDrums.html

i bought several items form them a few years ago and was completely satisfied.