disc brake conversion

40plymouthman

20 hours ago, 40plymouthman said:

Don't know what I am doing wrong, but I've tried that

If you do this google search: "site:p15-d24.com disc brakes"  you will have better results than using the forum search.

• Thanks 1

Have a 39 Ply. just had a kit made my Engineering Components (860-872-7046) installed, purchased from Andy Berbaum.  Disk and calipers were bolt on as per the instructions, however master cylinder had to be moved back for was not room in the frame where the instructions indicated, push rod was extended.  Works great, Mike at ECI was very helpful.  Recommend indicating when at time kit is purchased that want a remote fill, for master cyl is under the floor.  Was told that the original wheels would not have enough clearance, however after looking under car believe original wheels would have worked.  Will be removing wheel on car and confirming.

Richard

• 4 months later...

Started the brake conversion on my '40 Plymouth. Got the setup from ECI Components and I am glad I did. Quality parts, complete instructions, timey shipping, ( 4 days), and he actually picks up the phone to answer all your questions! He gave me a heads up about the wheels, so  that gave me time to prepare before they arrived. Could not be happier with the parts or the customer service.

20181126_102117.jpg

• 1 month later...

did you replace the brake cylinder , do you have pictures on how you modified the installation. disc brakes are installed but I need help on the install of the brake cylinder,

Edited by Popmab
more information

11 hours ago, Popmab said:

did you replace the brake cylinder , do you have pictures on how you modified the installation. disc brakes are installed but I need help on the install of the brake cylinder,

I got a power brake master cylinder out of a 1998 Ford Explorer, which I mounted on the firewall It will now be easier to keep on master cylinder, and I now have power brakes. It was relatively easy to do, just a little fabricating to get the pedal in the right position inside the car. Picture was taken when car was still up in the air, hence the angle of master cylinder in photo.

20181121_093301.jpg

• 1 year later...