Parking Brake Return Spring

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I don't know, but do you have a parts book that might have a exploded diagram?

I do not have the parts book, only the shop manual.  The shop manual has two pictures of the parking brake setup; one with a loop on the end of the hand brake rod, and one without.  I do not have that loop, nor a round rod as pictured.

4 hours ago, Bill Parsons said:

I do not have the parts book, only the shop manual.  The shop manual has two pictures of the parking brake setup; one with a loop on the end of the hand brake rod, and one without.  I do not have that loop, nor a round rod as pictured.

hmmm, wish I could help, but I don't know how the C series differs from the B series.

Something is wrong with the way your trans e-brake band is mounted to the tail shaft housing... one bolt is holding it to the trans tail housing not two as should be... 

It might not  even be the original transmission or e-brake ????

Evidently there are many different 3 speed transmissions depending on serial# and probably production dates used in the C-series trucks... looks like typically all thre 3 speeds were short cases unless a 3 speed overdrive. The type of trans will change the e-brake setup.

I don't know the C-series but here are the e-brake setups offered for the C1 and c3 series trucks... this out of the factory C1 and C3 parts books...

You will probably just have to make something up yourself for a return spring.

C series trans and E brakes Setups (3).JPG

C series trans and E brakes Setups (1).JPG

C series trans and E brakes Setups (2).JPG

C series trans and E brakes Setups (4).JPG

• Thanks 1

Not a great photo, but here is the stock C1 parking brake setup. The spring that is hanging when hooked up goes to the same crossmember the fuel tank is mounted to. There is about a 8" piece of wire that connects the spring to the crossmember. 

IMG_2427.JPG.9b1338637eb8790593133a34bc891b8b.JPG

• Like 1