Wiper arms

fede

Hello everyone!

My car has two different shape wiper arms, and they are not in great shape, so I want to change both of them. 

I looked into summit or speedway, but they are all straight, and I think the ones that have an angle look better.  Some time ago I saw these on bobdrake.com, which does things for Fords. 

https://www.bobdrake.com/FordItem.aspx?Item=11A-17527

https://www.bobdrake.com/FordItem.aspx?Item=11A-17526%2f7-NKS&ReturnURL=/4248wiperarmsandblades&Category=637855d6-f912-42d5-a41c-24d46a67f09f

Has anyone tried them? Any idea if they'd be compatible?

Thanks!

11A-17526-7-NKS_lrg.jpg

Edited by fede

Fede,

Bob Drake is a good company, but they specialize in Fords, especially the ’39-’40, selling complete bodies, and all of the components to make a “new” 1940 Ford (the ONLY difference between his ’40, and an original ’40, is his has a hole for a lock cylinder in the driver’s door, whereas the original didn’t).

Anyway, back on topic—his prices are abit “pricey”. I use Mac’s Antique Parts, which is a division of Eckler’s, for a lot of things for our ’46 Plymouth. Some of what I’ve purchased worked right out of the box, while others needed some modification (but I knew that before I purchased the particular component). Wiper arms are one item that should fit, just make sure that the socket end that goes on the shaft of the wiper transmission is the same diameter. Call Mac’s for details about the part. I’ve found them to be informed, friendly, and helpful. I’d suggest getting a subscription to their catalogue. It’s extremely informative. Best regards . . .

@DrDoctor Thanks for the tip! I didn't knew about Mac's.   The owner of a 46 Ford had recommended Bob Drake, but I will definitely check the website. 

@Adam H P15 D30 I guess that the shafts for the wipers did not change from 46 to 49 (I know that 46-48 cars are the same, but I'm not sure of 49).  Thanks for the info!