Fulton visor installation

Conn47D24

1947 Club Coupe question about door adjustment.

I am test fitting the "dog bone " brackets for a visor.  The tabs with the mounting screw holes fit in between the door and the body. 

As mine is now, its a very tight fit and the door is stricking the bracket on closing.

I don't have the rubber seal in yet either.

Question: is there an adjustment on the door hinges?  I'd like to move the door straight out about a 1/16" it would seem.

Yes there is You have to remove the inside door panel and there are three bolts on each hinge that can be loosen. Pull the door back and re tighten the bolts. You have to be careful to make sure the door lock assembly is not to far out of adjustment other wise the door will drag on the door pillar.

there are three bolts per hinge inside the door that provide door hinge adjustment.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Conn47D24 said:

Question: is there an adjustment on the door hinges?  I'd like to move the door straight out about a 1/16" it would seem.

See this from Mopar repair books.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Films/075/index.html

DJ

• Thanks 1

The video that DJ194950 reply is a great video of door adjustment for these old cars and trucks. I enjoyed watching.

• Thanks 1

Mine was a tight fit, too, but not quite that tight.  The bracket fit, but oval head screws did not.  So I used pan-head (the ones with a flat head, assuming that's the right name) screws on mine.  Same solution may alleviate dropping the doors too much, which would lead to having to readjust the door latches, etc.

• Thanks 1