Installing Original Dome Light Into New Interior

So I'm installing a new interior kit (headliner, etc. was non-existing).  I also picked an original dome light (eBay) that I'd like to install as well.   The cut-out for the inserted section shouldn't be difficult, though I'm wondering how it's attached.  One side seems to have clips that grab onto the cardboard, while the other side has a plate with two holes.  What's used for the two holes, which I assume keeps the light in place?  See attachment of dome light base.  With thanks for any assistance.

Dome Light.jpg

Ah Ha!! So, J-nuts in the headliner... hooks on one side, screwed into the J-nuts on the other side. So how is it grounded? I have one too, but I already had my headliner in before I got it and haven't felt like fishing wires up there to install it yet. I only remember one wire to the lamp assembly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Ah Ha!! So, J-nuts in the headliner... hooks on one side, screwed into the J-nuts on the other side. So how is it grounded? I have one too, but I already had my headliner in before I got it and haven't felt like fishing wires up there to install it yet. I only remember one wire to the lamp assembly.

This dawned on me last night as I was lying in bed.  There's a grounding post/nut on the J-nut side. 

12 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

They also call them u speed nuts apparently. I just picked up a pack of 10-24's with screws and they fit pretty well.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...