Rare sedan

pflaming

Paul,

It's a '39 LaSalle sedan. I had a '39 LaSalle (Superior bodied) Hearse in college!

Walt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your response. I hope that the underneath isn't all rusted away. These cars were great, smooth, powerful and really comfortable. Here's a couple of snaps of the same year car that was not too far from my home several years ago. I don't know where it went but I hope that someone did something with it and kept it original.

John R

003.JPG

005.JPG

• Thanks 1

The LaSalle center grille portion is used in many customs and rare these days Hence they are worth big $$$.

DJ

4 hours ago, pflaming said:

Anyone want a rare IH Truck? This was a one year cab design. I think it has a huge V 8.

IMG_3615.JPG

transition year. Cab is the same as 55 and very similar to earlier trucks(in 55 they changed to single rear window and push button door handles). The grill I believe is 56 only. Then in 57 they came out with the A series for their anniversary. 

Correct it's a1939 LaSalle body 39-5019 made by Cadillac

Has a with a 322" Cui flathead V8 engine and three on a tree.

Very reliable car. Designed by Harley Earl.

Very few made with sunroof, called Sunshine Turret Top Roof. These are rare.

2015-2.jpg.7928db0c0c0c85878a53891b40ab9bc9.jpgI know as I own one :)

Edited by chrysler1941
  • Like 1

A bit OT from this topic, but ever so often I'm reminded of a custom bodied Plymouth I saw at the WPC Museum many years ago.  Limit production I believe,....1939-1940 I believe.  It was quite elegant.  It had a subtle peak developed in the roof that transitioned down the back through the backlight and down the rear deck.  I tried Googling it, to share, with no luck.  I believe it was a body by Haines, or Haynes, or Hayes.

Any one know of this rare and beautiful car or,.....can anyone find an image?

There were some Hayes body Chrysler coupes in  1939.

2140621222_HayesBody1939Chrysler.jpg.10423803c6bf250d703807e074a4beee.jpg

Edited by T120
  • Like 1

Googled '39 Hayes bodied Plymouth and came up with Chrysler, DeSoto and Dodge......No Plymouth!  Maybe it was a Dodge I saw thinking the DeSoto and Chrysler would have been larger cars.  Now, looking at the pics, I'm reminded of the chrome window trim and the the shape of the top reminiscent of the '39 Mercurys.  Handsome car!

Related image

• Like 1