B or C-series rad support how is yours mounted

Howdy!

I got some work done today on my 54 C series that I’m swapping onto a 1989 Dakota frame. I am almost done building the crossmember for my ‘54 rad support to sit on. 

On my original truck the radiator support supported the whole nose, grille, and front of the fenders by two bolts in the bottom of the radiator support.

The two bolts seem to be attached to the rad support- anybody know how? There’s a plate to keep them from spinning but they don’t want to hammer up & out. I need longer ones to fit poly bushings under them for a smooth quiet ride so these stock bolts gotta go. They could be rusted on, swedged, welded, or just ornery. I don’t want to drill them out from the top if I can just pop a spot weld or something.

Does your truck have bushings between the frame crossmember and the rad support? Mine had two stacks of very old washers in there when I got it. 

Sorry if I’m rambling and thanks for any help!

45F44763-F865-4959-956D-131964C75BA7.jpeg