Tractors

pflaming

This is out 16th summer in Maine and I learned today of a John Deere collector only an hour from here who has 100+ John Deere tractors. I will look at that collection possibly tomorrow. I love this country. 

Tractor for sale, along side the road. Seldom see this size tractor In the east. It is a 47. Dad had a 45 and a 34. I drove them many, many hours, four summers.

IMG_3604.JPG

Edited by pflaming

That John Deere "D" model is a big tractor, all right.  It appears this is a later styled tractor and probably made in the late 40's or early 50's.  Deere made the "D" from 1923 to 1953 and it would weigh 7,500+ lbs.  all propelled by a 501 cubic inch 2 cylinder engine.  

Edited by lonejacklarry

They use the bigger tractors up here in "The County", including a few gigantic ones. The equipment for planting and harvesting taters gets pretty big.  I've been a tad surprised at how many tractor collectors there are up here, and even though there are stalwart brand loyalties, all of the collections up here seem to be pretty eclectic.  Fellow up the road in Monticello has Cockshutt, Farmall, IH, Oliver, Allis, Allis Chalmers, Ford, Case, and few others, won't work his farm with anything but John Deere, but doesn't have a single John Deere in his collection.