Oil in the gauge oil line?

casper50

I had to change the rubber hose part of the oil line to the pressure gauge.  None of the line had oil in it.  I've been getting funny reading on the gauge as well.  Should I unhook the line at the gauge, put a hose on the line and run it out of the car, and then start it to get oil into the line?

4 minutes ago, casper50 said:

I had to change the rubber hose part of the oil line to the pressure gauge.  None of the line had oil in it.  I've been getting funny reading on the gauge as well.  Should I unhook the line at the gauge, put a hose on the line and run it out of the car, and then start it to get oil into the line?

What is a "funny" reading? Normal to have an air pocket in the oil pressure line. It acts as a buffer as air is compressible but oil is not. Without the buffer the gauge would bounce all over the place.

Don,

Stroke on a gear type oil pump?

Fuel pump yes, but?

DJ

• Like 1

Can say I am not sure of a pulsating relief valve either, doubt it, but I am not that up on the valve some how  doing that.

Time for me to drop this I think. I am not a hydraulics engineer!  ??

DJ

16 hours ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

Is that with a known reliable gauge?  If so, Send it back to the builder. That sounds like excessive bearing clearances. 

If the gauge is verified with a known good gauge, then the only  things that come to mind are the bearing clearances mentioned above, oil pressure relief permanently relieving, weak pump or a leak in the transfer pipe.

• Like 1