Correct part number for trico wiper motor for 1949 Plymouth?

Thomba48

Does anyone know the exact trico model name/ part number for the vacuum wiper motor used in a 1949 Plymouth. For example I have found one named trico SK54 and SK51. Do not know if this would fit a P18 or is more aimed for a P15 model.

thanks for your enlightenment. Thom

Edited by Thomba48

Thomba48,

I’ve got mine out of the car, and I’ve got it completely disassembled, since I’m going to try to rebuild it myself. if I’m unsuccessful, well—I’m no worse off than is was before I began this escapade. My “plan B” is to put a 6v wiper motor intended for a “T-bucket” in the car, and run both wipers, or if it can’t power both of the wiper arms, I’ll use it for the driver’s side only. Anyway, I’ll be in the shop this afternoon, and I’ll try to find the number, and if I do, I’ll pass it along to you. Thx.

9 minutes ago, DrDoctor said:

Thomba48,

I’ve got mine out of the car, and I’ve got it completely disassembled, since I’m going to try to rebuild it myself. if I’m unsuccessful, well—I’m no worse off than is was before I began this escapade. My “plan B” is to put a 6v wiper motor intended for a “T-bucket” in the car, and run both wipers, or if it can’t power both of the wiper arms, I’ll use it for the driver’s side only. Anyway, I’ll be in the shop this afternoon, and I’ll try to find the number, and if I do, I’ll pass it along to you. Thx.

Thanks very much. Thom 

Thom,

I didn’t forget you, or my obligation to respond to your request for a part number for the P15 Trico vacuum wiper motor. I’ve been rebuilding (at least attempting to . . .) ours, and the only number(s) I can find on it are U.S. and Canadian patent numbers—no part/stock/item number anywhere on the housing, or even inside any housing cavity. The only number(?) other than the patent numbers is on the actuator arm (the one that turns it on and off), and that’s “47”. Unfortunately, I’m not able to find any documentation to determine what, if anything, the “47” refers to. I tho’t it might refer to the year of the vehicle, but ours is a 1946, albeit one of the last ones made as a ’46.

Just to add insult to injury, I’m entering the re-assembly stage, having fabricated the ultra-thin leather parts for the paddles, and the shut-off, but this project’s now plagued by FUBAR—the drawings and notes I made during the disassembly process have vanished. I suspect they fell into the trash bucket next to the work bench, and are most likely now permanent residents of the local landfill—SNAFU!!!

So, it appears as tho’ I’m not going to be of much, if any, help to you and your Trico vacuum wiper motor needs. And, I DO apologize for that. Best regards to you . . . .

Thom,

A perhaps useful PS to my earlier reply to you just abit ago. I literally stumbled upon a number for the Trico vacuum wiper motor that may be useful to you—23-67-98, which was utilized in the P15-C, and the P15-S. I hope this helps. Now, as for my landfill-residing notes, and how to reassemble mine . . . . .  Regards . . .

Edited by DrDoctor

For what it is worth- original ply. part # is b1257584. From 1949 (late) parts book.

Do not know if it helps or not but all other 1949 plymouths use the same part# , BUT not the convertible, it is one model only! Sorry!

DJ

10 hours ago, DrDoctor said:

Thom,

I didn’t forget you, or my obligation to respond to your request for a part number for the P15 Trico vacuum wiper motor. I’ve been rebuilding (at least attempting to . . .) ours, and the only number(s) I can find on it are U.S. and Canadian patent numbers—no part/stock/item number anywhere on the housing, or even inside any housing cavity. The only number(?) other than the patent numbers is on the actuator arm (the one that turns it on and off), and that’s “47”. Unfortunately, I’m not able to find any documentation to determine what, if anything, the “47” refers to. I tho’t it might refer to the year of the vehicle, but ours is a 1946, albeit one of the last ones made as a ’46.

Just to add insult to injury, I’m entering the re-assembly stage, having fabricated the ultra-thin leather parts for the paddles, and the shut-off, but this project’s now plagued by FUBAR—the drawings and notes I made during the disassembly process have vanished. I suspect they fell into the trash bucket next to the work bench, and are most likely now permanent residents of the local landfill—SNAFU!!!

So, it appears as tho’ I’m not going to be of much, if any, help to you and your Trico vacuum wiper motor needs. And, I DO apologize for that. Best regards to you . . . .

Hi. I would like to cordially point out. Obligation is a rather harsh word. But kindness is a perfect description of your efforts. Thanks :-)))