Door Lock

Just curious as to what size set screw (thread) is used to retain the door lock on a 1950 B2B. I was not the one who removed the lock and I can't tell if the set screw is still in the door.

if you look thru the small hole, you will be able to see if there is a screw or not.  I think I've heard of one MAYBE that actually got a the screw to back out.  It's a small flat head drive and they tend to just strip out.  I normally bust of the retainer and make a collar to retain it.  See the thread I did on it.  The link is in my signature line.

Thanks Mark,

I got around to looking  and there is a screw in the hole for retaining the lock. I'll have a look at your thread for ore info

Someone along the line evidently tried to remove the lock in mine and managed to booger up the slot in the set screw just bad enough where even a good hollow ground screwdriver wouldn't bite. I ended up having to drill it out so I could remove it and replace the lock with a new one. Whoever it was ended up drilling 5/16" hole down thru the center so the door could be locked and unlocked with a screw driver. I lucked out and found a new lock on Ebay for $20.00 still in the box  Score !!!!

John

I had to drill out the lock screw on my truck. I was then able to retap it and replaced it with a normal set screw with a Allen wrench type end. I don't recall the size, but #4 or #5 seems to stick in my head. I remember it was small.

If you have the inner door panel off you can drive out the old one with a good punch and hammer. However, since it is damaged anyway you won't have to worry about drilling into it while extracting the retaining screw.