D30 distributor parts list

RickSchneider

I'm wondering if someone could help me understand the parts numbers for my distributor assembly. I have a 48 Plymouth with 49 Dodge engine # D30-196i03, the distributor part no. is 1308206, so would I look under the column of assembly of 1300 795 or 1479 589? Thanks for any help

parts list 1.jpg

The moe important number is to look at the Autolite number that is attached to the body of the distributor.  It will have three letter then some numbers. This is important becasue it will then tell us what offical dizzy you have and then we can tell the correct cap, rotor, points and condensor that you need for your car and also the correct vacuum advance unit.

I have an Autolite catalog that lists the various information and parts so that is how I can get the information. When going to a vendor such as Andy Berbaum they will always ask for the Autolite Dizzy number so they can get you the correct parts.

When searching for parts most times you will not find the mopar numbers on boxes or parts but you will find the aftermarket suppliers that supplied the parts to the car manufacturers. Autolite was a major player in electrical components for alot of car companies.

Rich HArtung  cell 484-431-8157

Desoto1939@aol.com

Ok, when I ordered a tune up kit from Andy Bernbaums last month they ask for the part no. on the distributor, but the Autolite number is IGS 42078-1, I saw on RockAuto some of their  distributor parts also have oem part numbers, I'm just trying to figure out how to order some parts on my own for later on. Thank You

Please note there is an error in your Autolite distributor number ;  The correct number is IGS- 4207B-1  .  Here are some of the  Autolite part numbers ;   cap = IGC-1107S       rotor=  IGS-1016B     contact set (points ) = IGP-3028ES    condenser= IG3927G    breaker plate assy= IGS-3004B  

Edited by Jerry Roberts

When you supplied the Autolite number you can see how quickly someone responded with the various Autolite internal parts.  These are the Autolite part numbers that you would look for at swap meets and they can be cross referenced into other manufacturers specific part numbers.  This is why i collect the various automobile parts suppliers old catalogs just for cross reference issues.  You usually do not find the MoPAr numbers on parts but generally the after market parts suppliers.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com