Auto Museum Day

busycoupe

85201920_27Chrysler3.JPG.7f7ec162bb1a2f4a0a6d0732324e472c.JPG218607094_27Chrysler2.JPG.67d007d13d840c2e642940f767f22151.JPGOne of the earliest auto museums in the country was in Princeton, MA.  It opened in the 1920's and closed in 1963.  In commemoration of the museum the Princeton Historical Society hosted a day at the former site of the museum, now an antique shop.  Part of the day was a car show for all pre-war cars, of the type that may have been in the museum.  Me and another fellow managed to get our 1948 cars into the show.  There were about 35 cars there, many high-end concours cars and AACA national first prize winners. There were 4 Mopars, My Dodge Coupe, a '48 Desoto, '27 Chrysler Roadster, '17 Dodge Bros.  Here are some pics.

48 Desoto (2).JPG

48 Desoto.JPG

Dodge&Desoto.JPG

27 Chrysler3.JPG

17 Dodge Bros.JPG

Edited by busycoupe
  • Thanks 1

Here are a couple of more pics:  The blue coupe is a 1924 Rollin.  It is beautifully restored and the owner/restorer says that it is one of 3 in the country and the only one not in a museum.  The other pic shows an '09 Pierce Arrow on the left, and a '10 Pierce Arrow on the right.  Both were concours competitors and winners.  The 1910 Pierce was judged best in this show.  The owner of the Desoto pictured above was a local man, he was about 70 and said that his grandfather was a Desoto dealer and sold the car to his son, the present owners father. The present owner used the car since his junior prom in 1965.  There were many more beautiful cars, it was a very enjoyable day.

09,010 Pierce Arrows.JPG

• Like 1

This weekend there was a car show and poker run to a few of the local historical sites.  I did not attend but I am posting to say that while this site was published and flyer handed out, I passed THREE other local car shows that I had zero knowledge and passed alongside the road on my way to pick up a car.  I often wonder if these smaller groups would communicate among themselves just what kind of combined show could be put together.  All three had a myriad of makes of models while the Poker run was mainly a Mustang deal....maybe I just answered my own question.

• Like 1