Philco radio model 802

fmfarrisjr

A good try would be maybe ebay I have bought tubes for my Philco Radios on ebay. Type in your part number under Philco Tube Radio.

You might also try buying a cheap 9 Tube Philco Radio on ebay and using the vibrator out of it. 

Edited by Tom Skinner

There's an ancient thread (2007) about me fixing the 602 radio in my 47 SeSoto.   

The vibrator has moving points that provide an interrupted primary current to the radio transformer, which produces the high voltage (~200 volts) for the electronics in the vacuum tubes.

I was able to shock the vibrator back to life by applying alternating current to it.  I connected the vibrator in series with a 60 watt light bulb, and intermittently applied 120 volts to the circuit.  The alternating current moved the points, and burned them clean.  (Warning - house voltage!)  

I also replaced the condensers (Capacitors).  Search Nostalgia Air and Antique Radio.  Search 6 volt radio vibrator.  Good luck. 

Most old stock vibrators will still need to have their contacts cleaned if you can find one. You can try the alternating current trick but I have been opening up the vibrator can, removing the unit and carefully cleaning the contacts with De-oxit. and replacing any bad lead wires, then reinstalling in the can.

You can also buy a new solid state vibrator, but unlike the original ones, they are polarity sensitive so make sure you get one that is positive grounded! One note on the solid state units. I have had limited success with them. It worked in the 1949 Packard radio I rebuilt, but when I tried one in the Mopar 802 I just restored I had trouble with it providing enough voltage for the set. I ended up repairing the original vibrator that was in the radio and it has been working fine so far.

I would also highly recommend replacing all the capacitors in the radio, especially the high voltage buffer cap in the power supply. they are almost always leaky.