1949 Plymouth Super Deluxe 4dr Sedan Parts

I have a 49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4dr Sedan that I am removing some parts to sell, I am wondering what  on this car would you save before the crusher gets it.

104_0231.JPG

Just about everything that is not rusted away including body panels that could be somewhat easy fixable.- - - Someone wants it!  Over time some selective selling and asking what may be needed the car can be stripped to almost nothing if you have room to store it meantime. ?

DJ

ah...the room to store parts once removed, place to hide the car as it slowly will sell off part by part and the long lapse of time between each transaction....looks good on paper but wear thin fast in real life....most of the larger panel will not be bought due to the high cost of shipping given you find a buyer...bumpers and gravel pans may be largest piece worth removing and storing.  

You would be surprised what people might want or need.  I have a parts car in the field behind my house that has been a very valuable source of information for me and others when it come to reassembly and reference.  If you sell the bumpers you should make sure they wind up back on a Plymouth.  That's just me.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the visor...

I would save the bumpers, stainless trim and any chrome parts that are not too pitted, also small engine parts that could be used for cores.

I personally would be interested in the bumpers, door handles and carburetor if we can work out shipping to OR that's not too expensive.  Send me a PM so we can chat.

The screws across the top of the dash and each pillar just hold the inside windscreen molding onto the opening.........to remove the dash you remove the inside molding completely then there should be screws holding the dash where the inside molding lived and there should be screws/bolts underneath the dash and at either lower side to remove............as has been mentioned you may have better luck selling it complete rather than trying to part it out, tho' the bumpers are parts that customisers have used since 1949...........andyd  

5 hours ago, wisconsinjimmy said:

I have a 49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4dr Sedan that I am removing some parts to sell, I am wondering what  on this car would you save before the crusher gets it.

104_0231.JPG

I would sure love to have the bumpers and bumper guards. Let me know if you are interested in selling them.

How about - did you remove the support from the lower dash panel by steer column (or on it) to the upper fire wall? The upper side bolts through the fire wall to motor side with a nut.

Add the radios in some (1950 ply. in my case) has a support bracket on the back on the radio case to somewhere under the dash- sorry for not sure just where now but after you get your body to see under the dash it will be obvious!

DJ

Edited by DJ194950

The bulb holders are just a press fit into the back of the panel..........you should be able to grasp the bulb holder and pull/wiggle it and it should come away from the panel, then push & twist at the same time to remove the bulb.........installation is the reverse of what I've just typed.......lol..........andyd 

On 6/16/2018 at 7:43 AM, wisconsinjimmy said:

Hey Andy

Yup I removed the windscreen moulding and the 6 screws that fasten the dash to the body, I also removed two screws one on each side that are just under the dash that hold the dash to the A-Pillar. I was able to just get my fingers behind the cluster to remove speedo cable and I disconnected the temp and oil line, steering column and hood release also have to remove the heater cables. From the firewall side there were 4 bolts that I removed. There has to be a bracket holding the radio heater to something. 

there's a long flat bar that leads from the bottom of the dash up at an angle behind the gauges and bolts through the top of the firewall.

Inkedply_LI.jpg