Stromberg BXVD

busycoupe

I have a Stromberg carb that has the dashpot needed for fluid drive.  I would like to rebuild it to use on my 48 Dodge coupe, however before I took it apart I noticed that the throttle shaft is very loose.  Has anyone put bushings on a throttle shaft?  Is this something I could do without a machine shop?  Where could I get the bushings and perhaps a replacement shaft?

Thanks

The guy that re-built mine (last month) had a buddy that brazed the shaft and also brazed one of the other small arms that had a hairline crack.  Only charged me $30 for that.  Where did you buy your re-built kit?  Did you see my other post about the spring (#69) on the Stromberg carb that broke?  If you get a replacement of that spring in your kit would you please let me know?  Mine was broken at the pivot shaft and there was no replacement in my kit.  My kit came from Canada...The Carburetor Doctor.

Jim T

I was getting ready to sell a BVXD-3 on eBay but will offer it here first. $45.00.  Throttle shaft is tight and that spring is present. PM me if interested for photos.

I tried to add the photos here but am getting a notice that I "cannot exceed 3MB" ……. even though the 2 photos only total 1.5MB's combined.

Edited by Reg Evans