Stromburg carb spring sprung (broke) - help!

ebruns1

Hey Fellas,

I had my carb re-built by a local guy with an ultrasonic cleaner.  He did a great job and even had to braze a hairline crack on one of the arms and also one of the holes that ovaled out and had too much play.  The only thing he could not fix was one of the springs was rusted and the arm was snapped off.  That spring did not come in the re-build kit I ordered from Carb-Doctors.  I'm not even sure what this does, but my car has fluid-drive and it pushed up on both arms simultaneously.  Do I need it for the proper fuel feed during shift changes, or maybe there is some other way to keep the arms up with separate springs.  Well, I guess before I go cobbling something together, does anyone know where I can get this replacement spring?  Does anyone have one laying around from an old carb?  It's that little loopy spring highlighted in the photo #69.

Thanks,

Jim T

20180612_184842_resized.jpg

Edited by ebruns1
forgot photo