HELP !! NO POWER TO THE NEW FUSE PANEL

Labrauer

Thanks people for all the help. The car is running with all the lights working as they should with no back fire. It is easy to start when the key is turned. I am so happy for all the great knowledge I get from this forum and the people that give it to me.

Now I have to tackle the R10 transmission that is installed but is 6 volt. I am assuming I have to put in a 12 volt to 6 volt voltage reducer for the solenoid and the governor or how should this be addressed? 

Appreciate all the help as always

1 hour ago, Labrauer said:

Thanks people for all the help. The car is running with all the lights working as they should with no back fire. It is easy to start when the key is turned. I am so happy for all the great knowledge I get from this forum and the people that give it to me.

Exactly what did you do to fix the issue? Good to hear it is fixed but it would be even better to hear what fixed it. 

To fix the problem to get the car started I took the plugs out and hooked up a wire with an alligator clip on one end to hook to the starter relay on the middle bolt and then put my finger over the spark plug hole on # 1 cylinder. Took the other end of the wire and touched the positive side of the starter relay and bump the engine over till I felt the pressure come from spark plug hole. Was close enough to TDC that I was able to turn the engine over by hand to exactly TDC. Took the distributor out just far enough to turn the shaft so it would line up again with the oil pump spline. That put the rotor on the distributor right at 7 oclock. Tightened the distributor back up hook up the wires to proper holes on the cap and woohoo turned the key and started right up. Looked at the oil pressure gauge and it came up quickly to around 40 to 45 PSI at idle with all the other gauges working fine too. Have yet to adjust the valves according to the book at running temp but I will do that tomorrow and re-torque the head bolts after that. Went out twice today and cranked up very fast running just fine as can be except for a little tappet noise that will be addressed in the morning. Now to address the R10 overdrive situation being 6 volt and the car is 12 volt. 

Thanks to all the great people that have chimed in for their knowledge and experience it is greatly appreciated. 

On 6/27/2018 at 2:29 AM, Labrauer said:

Now I have to tackle the R10 transmission that is installed but is 6 volt. I am assuming I have to put in a 12 volt to 6 volt voltage reducer for the solenoid and the governor or how should this be addressed? 

Appreciate all the help as always

Some people have used the 6 volt OD solenoid on 12 volt with no problems as long as the OD relay is 12 volts. Other electrical  parts __on the trans are not voltage sensitive.

Did not work for me with a used 6 volt solenoid. (Solenoid no good even on 6 volt?)   Found one on Ebay for a 12 volt  Stude, which also had the BW _ -10 OD trans, has long as the plunger when retracted is 1" from tip to the mounting face. All other specs are the same. Other brands BW -_ ( letter) 10 used a different letter ( not a R-)  that where were made for that manufacturers.

Sometime sEbay can be friendly.?

New 6 volt and 12 volt OD solenoids where recently avail. at one Site but where almost $300 last I looked. Let me know if that is what you may be interested in and I will find the website for you.