50 B2B master cylinder rebuild question

I am going to rebuild the master cylinder. I have a kit from Bernbaum.

My MC discharge line comes out from the outlet on the bottom of the MC barrel. The existing outlet fitting that is screwed into the bottom has always leaked slightly; it appears from the threads, I think!. I have tried to fix it many times. I bought a new fitting; it leaked. I tried pipe tape( using the solvent resistant tape) it still leaked. 

I would like to relocate the discharge line to the outlet at the end of piston barrel. It looks like there is room there to screw in an outlet fitting. The Shop Manual also states that this is the outlet for the MC. Is there a preferred location for the outlet?  

I'm hoping that the new location won't leak. Thanks for the replies. Iowaboy. 

You'll still have to plug the bottom outlet. If you can't get a line fitting to seal in the threads why would a plug threads seal? Maybe inspect the port threads closely when you have it apart. There may even be a crack in the housing at the port that is causing your leak.

• Like 1

luckily, master cylinders are still available if your budget will allow  https://dcmclassics.com/brake-parts/71-br-231-master-cylinder-1-2-to-1-ton.html

9 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

There is satisfaction in honing your own cylinders, slipping in new seals etc. When it was time, I bought new ?

And then watching it leak and the pedal hit the floor...LOL  :D Brake parts are best replaced then serviced...even wheel cylinders I always just go new, less risk contaminating a fresh set of shoes 

• Like 1