Engine and transmission weight

Anybody know how much a flat 6 (218,I am assuming) Dodge engine and 2 ton truck transmission weigh?

I'm guessing around 800 lbs,but that's just a guess.

Getting ready to ship them to a buyer,and he's going to need to know the weight when he contracts a carrier to pick them up.

420 4 speed or 5 speed New Process spur gear or syncro?

Single PTO or double?

Pictures?

30 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

420 4 speed or 5 speed New Process spur gear or syncro?

Single PTO or double?

Pictures?

I believe it to be a 4 speed big truck trans,and there is a plate for a PTO on the passenger side,but no PTO on it.

I'll post a photo or two tomorrow.

Just now, wayfarer said:

I'd error on the caution and say 900. 

Shipping sounds like a job for Fastenal.....

I know nothing about them,but  have had good luck with u-ship,and recommended them to the buyer.

The Fastenal system works quite well. Drain the fluids, put 'it' in a 'box' and they transport from store to store. They call it 3rd party logistics.

Not long back I shipped an engine from Oregon to Michigan for a total of $250....

I've used Fastenal on several items. System works great.

46 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I've used Fastenal on several items. System works great.

Thanks to you and wayfarer for that tip. I had never even heard of them before. I will sure pass it on to the guy that bought the engine and transmission.

Taking a break right now from building the crate. I'm old,fat,have COPD,bad knees,and it's about 90 degrees outside today. If it wasn't for the breeze I would have never made it.

Almost finished building the crate. Have two sides of plywood to cut and fit. The battery in my drill went dead so I had to come in the house to charge it and charge me,too.

Well Knuckle, There is not one person on this forum who is not aging, some of us are more advanced in age than others. Nice that you are keeping active and I for one enjoy reading your input on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, T120 said:

Well Knuckle, There is not one person on this forum who is not aging, some of us are more advanced in age than others. Nice that you are keeping active and I for one enjoy reading your input on this forum. 

Thank you. I am in my 7th decade of excellence now,and one thing I have noticed in life is that people who retire and just sit and nap don't seem to last long,or even to enjoy what little time they do have because they focus more on what they can't do than what they can do.

It is an established fact that if you sit still for too long,something is gonna getcha!

• Like 3

I shipped an engine, 218, to the southern edge of Texas from central California via U Ship for around $225. I chose their lowest price so it took about two weeks. I had a tracking number so followed it south, that route was NOT a straight line! 

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

I shipped an engine, 218, to the southern edge of Texas from central California via U Ship for around $225. I chose their lowest price so it took about two weeks. I had a tracking number so followed it south, that route was NOT a straight line! 

Well,it's a rare thing is life to get what you want both cheaply and quick.

Both times I used U-ship the items arrived in excellent condition,so the wait didn't bother me. Then again,both times the parts were for my 42 Dodge,and when you own a "one year only" car,you have to learn to be patient.