11 inch drum brakes

mrahc

Yesterday, I started  what I figured would be a simple project of replacing the wheel lug studs on my D34 with all right hand thread. When I took the first drum off, the friction material from one of the shoes fell right out. I figured that's no problem, I'll just get a new shoe. Turns out it's damned near impossible to find new brake shoes. Upon inspection of the drum itself, I discovered a pretty bad crack. 

I planned on converting to discs this winter, but I've got a road trip planned for the end of this month and I don't know if I have the time to work that out beforehand. Does anybody happen to have a drum and a shoe I can buy (or rent)? I'd hate to pay full price for parts I'm only going to use for a few months.  

IMG_20180608_183927.jpg

1 hour ago, mrahc said:

Yesterday, I started  what I figured would be a simple project of replacing the wheel lug studs on my D34 with all right hand thread. When I took the first drum off, the friction material from one of the shoes fell right out. I figured that's no problem, I'll just get a new shoe. Turns out it's damned near impossible to find new brake shoes. Upon inspection of the drum itself, I discovered a pretty bad crack. 

I planned on converting to discs this winter, but I've got a road trip planned for the end of this month and I don't know if I have the time to work that out beforehand. Does anybody happen to have a drum and a shoe I can buy (or rent)? I'd hate to pay full price for parts I'm only going to use for a few months.  

IMG_20180608_183927.jpg

Front or rear?

I'm going to make some phone calls to local Mopar guys tomorrow. Of all things, I didn't expect brake parts to be so difficult to find.

Thank you guys for even acknowledging my needs! I appreciate it. 

I might have a pair of halfway decent used 11 inch shoes.

I don't think I have any drums around.

I will check later today.

Shipping from Canada will get help up at customs for a few days though.