Brake and clutch pedal binding

Hey folks I’ve slowly been putting my 46 wc truck back together, and I finally got around to getting the clutch and brake pedals back on the clutch fork. Well I got everything back on with no issues, but when I went to connect the master cylinder to the brake pedal, the little pin that you push through hits the clutch pedal and binds them both up. I’ve uploaded a pic of what I got, do any of you know of what’s causing this issue?

E84CB35F-4466-407B-895E-5D4662D1A54F.jpeg

The spacer between the shaft base and brake pedal does not appear correct...there should be a spacer between the pedals, but only about half as thick as that greenish one...try halving that spacer and placing on both sides of the brake pedal :cool:

57 minutes ago, JBNeal said:

The spacer between the shaft base and brake pedal does not appear correct...there should be a spacer between the pedals, but only about half as thick as that greenish one...try halving that spacer and placing on both sides of the brake pedal :cool:

Is the spacer that’s on the shaft base not supposed to be there, or are there two spacers?

Mine is different, with Fluid Drive, but I'm thinking the spacer should be between the pedals, not between the brake pedal and the shaft support bushing. On the B-series trucks parts manual it shows a support bracket between the pedals, but otherwise a similar setup.

There should be a brake and clutch pedal re-enforcement cast iron two bolt bracket that bolts to the bottom of the bell housing and curves up to the clutch pivot shaft ....it fills a 3/8" space

It actually slips over the pedal shaft and goes between the two pedals.

I looked thru all my W- series books no clear picture of the pedal assembly even in later books.... shop and parts.

IMG_1540.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya