AIRTEX Fuel Pump doesn't pump enough fuel. Two years blaming everything except the weak fuel pump.

48ply1stcar

Back in the 60's I drove my 50 Plymouth 150 miles out in the sandhills to work on a ranch out there.  Got stranded in the boonies when the carb didnt get enough gas flow.  The rubber hose right before the pump let go on the inside and plugged her down to a trickle.  That was pre cell phones, no neighbors, sort of scary out there broke down.  Dont recall where I got the new one but it ran ever since.

My point is rubber hoses can LOOK good on outside and crap inside.  Especially since ethanol was added to ALL gas as an oxegenator, but most people run the low mix of it because of the price difference.

THIS also apply s to brake lines.  IF you enter the  line pressure such as changing calipers or wheel cylinders you Better change the hose ( S )

• Like 1