Rear Main Seal Question

rallyace

This probably has been answered before but I could not find a definitive answer. I have a block from a P23 (218 CI). It had a rope style seal when I did the disassembly. Can I use the two piece neoprene seal on it? The main cap and block are tapped for the existing retainers.  The crank looks good where there would be contact between the seal and the crank.  Thanks, Mike.

When I looked at using one a few months ago IIRC it appeared that some machine work would be required.  Ultimately decided not to use it and went with a new style rope seal by best gasket, available through Egge.  

I have used any and all of the seals offered for these engines.  There is one.... it may be the P23... which requires a hole to be blocked off when using the 

neoprene seal which does not bolt on.