art of being a senior....

Plymouthy Adams

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind. Today, I got a call from Home Depot who installed them. The caller complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Helloooo,.......... just because I'm a Senior Citizen doesn't mean that I am automatically mentally challenged.  So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy told me last year --that these windows would pay for themselves in a year---

Hellooooo? - It's been a year, so they're paid for, I told him.

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up.

He never called back.  I bet he felt like an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Those extended periods of silence makes me think cell phones should go "Click" when the caller hangs up.  I've noticed more often I end up just talking to my hand.  Whatever happened to  "thanks, goodbye."

• Like 1

A Dade County salesman called and said that  I had just won a 45' motor home, free.   I said "Thanyou for informing me, where are the keys and where do I pick it up?"  Well, he said, there are a few . . . I responded that he said I had won a 45' . . .  And I wat to know where my motor home is !  I kept pressing him on the meaning of "won". "Free",  he eventually called mea . . .  Then hung up?

A Texas couple, both well into their 80's, go to a Sex Therapist's office. The doctor asks, 'What can I do for you?' 

The man says, 'Will you watch us have sexual intercourse?' 

The doctor raises both eyebrows, but he is so amazed that such an elderly couple is asking for sexual advice that he agrees. 

When the couple finishes, the doctor says, 'There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you have intercourse.' 

He thanks them for coming, he wishes them good luck, he charges them $50 and he says good bye. 

The next week, the same couple returns and asks the sex therapist to watch again.  The sex therapist is a bit puzzled, but agrees. 

This happens several weeks in a row. The couple makes an appointment, has intercourse with no problems, pays the doctor, then leave. 

Finally, after 3 months of this routine, the doctor says, 'I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Just what are you trying to find out?' 

The man says, 'We're not trying to find out anything. She's married; so we can't go to her house. I'm married; and we can't go to my house. The Holiday Inn charges $98. The Hilton charges $139. We do it here for $50, and best of all.... 

Medicare pays $43 of it.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1