Oil Filter Gasket

I have a 52 B3B and having trouble finding a gasket for the to of  the oil filter cartridge.  I just put in a Fram C3 filter that came with a fiber top gasket that is 4.25 inches diameter.  The to is 4.5 inches diameter. I am reusing the old gasket.  It is not leaking but eventually will.   The filter did not include a gasket for the bolt that holds the top down.  Do any know where I can get a 4.5 inch gasket for the top?  I  have tried other filters from NAPA and AC Delco but the gasket is to small.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Larry   

I haven't been able to find a name on the housing.  Larry

10 hours ago, 4mula-dlx said:

It sounds like your getting the wrong filter if the gasket is wrong??  I’ve never changed the gasket in the top bolt..I never knew it had one, mine has a heavy spring.

should be a washer (copper on mine) that crushes around the bolt to top area if I remember right

I have tried different and the gaskets are always to small or to large.  The last one I cut a section out of the large one and put some sealer on it.  It is working but will eventually need changed.  The fram C3 filter did not come with a washer for the top bolt but they are easy to find or make.  I have contacted a couple manufacture's including Fram without a response.  Thanks Larry

I have tried the wix 51011 with the same results.  The filter fits but the gasked does not.  I have a list of about 10 filters that are listed for the 52 b3b but none of the gaskets fit.  Some are to big others to small.  Larry

I once had a filter canister that had a diameter smaller than most gaskets that came with the filters. Filters would fit but I had to keep reusing the old gasket. For convenience sake I finally just changed the canister out to one that was the same diameter as those on my other cars. That could be a solution to your problem. Canisters sometimes appear on ebay or I am pretty sure a forum member has a spare so you could advertise for one on the classified pages.

my canister is kinda rough on the top edge, the only thing I have found to work is cork, but I hand cut them because as you have read so far there doesn't seem to be ready made gasket. On the top where the bolt goes through I use fibreboard gasket, also hand cut.

It looks like I will have to change the canister.  I probably have one.  It is that or continue fighting the size of the gasket.  Thanks for the information.  I was hoping to find a part number for a 4.5 inch gasket.  Larry

2 hours ago, lalkie64 said:

It looks like I will have to change the canister.  I probably have one.  It is that or continue fighting the size of the gasket.  Thanks for the information.  I was hoping to find a part number for a 4.5 inch gasket.  Larry

I gave you the right one, gasket measures 4.5” outside to outside...I just can’t post the pic as it’s too big.  I have one sitting on my table, all I have ever used in mine