Need to lower my fan.

Tim Van Pelt

In building my single seat car using a 230 I need to lower the fan. Was there a double groove pulley and a fan carrier ever produced for a special application? Or has anyone ever done such a modification.

the fan is part of the water pump and it's configuration is pretty much set in stone.  Setting the fan lower or offset to the side and building a pulley and mounting system for the application you speak of I have never seen but one that you could do if so inclined and truly need to.  Sounds like an interesting situation, and yes, I understand the reason to doing it this way...an electric fan would be so out of place and not match the build era.

If additional engine length is not an issue, the 57 58 and 59 Plymouth and Dodge  6 cylinder engine used an adapter and 

pump which significantly lowered the pump and fan blades..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greg g said:

Like this one?

2770928507_52c692a12d_b.jpg

That is exactly what I need. The motor I have is a 1959 230 out of a cube van. So what is that waterpump?

You might want to call Cardone and see if the remanufacture for 59 specifically.  If the do than any parts place should be able to order one up.  Also give Vintage Power Wagons a call, they might have some one with knowledge specific to that style.

I'm striking out finding a late 50's 230 car water pump. My local napa doesnt have them, Andy Bernbaum says theres not enough demand for them for him to sell them. Any other options anyone can help me with?

You will need the adapter casting  57 to 59 passenger car, as well as the crankshaft pulley and fan pulley.

Find someone who has the complete setup.  The timing cover 's timing pointer is different too.

I have all these pieces, but western Canada is a long way to ship anything into the USA  even though I can see into Washington State

from where I live on Vancouver Island.

2 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

This might or might not help.

water_pump_cost.jpg

We do have a car quest here I will have to check there. was this a late 50s pump?

1 minute ago, dpollo said:

You will need the adapter casting  57 to 59 passenger car, as well as the crankshaft pulley and fan pulley.

Find someone who has the complete setup.  The timing cover 's timing pointer is different too.

I have all these pieces, but western Canada is a long way to ship anything into the USA  even though I can see into Washington State

So its not a simple change the waterpump thing I see.

14 hours ago, dpollo said:

Thanks for the info. So am I correct here, I would need 1---59 car  lowered water pump, 2--crank and water pump pulley, 3-- timing pointer?

Edited by Tim Van Pelt

You are correct.  The adapter casting and the pump are two separate pieces.    The timing pointer and the marks on the pulley are in a different location.

11 hours ago, Tim Van Pelt said:

Thanks for the info. So am I correct here, I would need 1---59 car  lowered water pump, 2--crank and water pump pulley, 3-- timing pointer?

You'll also need a generator pulley to go along with the narrow crank and waterpump pulleys.

Marty

Bones 44 seems to have all that you need except the fan pulley which would not be hard to find (around my place).