1947 P15 Starter,Generator rebuild places???

47P15Cruiser

hey looking to get my starter and generator rebuilt does anyone know of a shop or place where I can get it done??? also looking to re-wire the car to a 12 volt system so if anyone knows where I can find place please let me know,im located in Hawthorne,ca and willing to travel to get fixed. I have an 1947 p15 special deluxe, was my pops and I just wanna get it running again so please anyone out there please help me!!!!

you can contact me here or on my cell and shoot a txt 310 936 0353 thanks again!!

if you plan to go to 12 volts the rebuild of the original generator will be wasted time/money as 12 volt wiring will not support 6 volt components with the 6 volt battery.  Starter will work on the 12 volts, spin fast engage hard...spinning in short bursts will usually do no damage.  Allow a bit of cool down in between if hard is one that is slow to start.  Other things will need be modified when going to 12 volts also.

Tim is correct.........need to reduce voltage to dash gauges........change bulbs in lights..........can probably just use an

alternator in place of a generator.......not sure if the heater fan cares what the voltage is........others with 12v can

tell you.   

Morristown Starter and Generator ( located on HWY 11E )  went through both of mine just as preventive maintenance . I figured since I was putting a new engine in why not prevent other issues.  I'm sure you can find one closer than shipping it to TN .  Maybe this info will help someone doing  a search in the future though. 

Evans Electric in Fresno Ca. They repair these items all the time for a very large farm constituency . I've had several repaired by them. The picture is their shop. 

IMG_7273.JPG