1952 Plymouth Suburban

kalve

25 minutes ago, kalve said:

I dont have no parts for the hood it is just sitting on the car. I am missing all the parts to put the hood back on the body.

Hinges would be a start. There are also four bolts and specialty washer that hold the hinges on. Hood springs are also needed. On my '51 there is also a brace that runs beneath the hood and attaches to each hinge. Think that covers it except for a few bolts needed for the brace which also needs a bolt in the centre of the hood.

S

1 hour ago, DonaldSmith said:

It'll buff out?  How many of us are tempted to restore this here bidness coupe? Find some rare doors, rare rear glass, etc?  Maybe just a mind game?   

No, I guess some cars are doomed to be parts cars.

haha looks like it's only missing 1 door. from the rocker it sure looks like a solid body. you could do worse I bet.....

50 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

haha looks like it's only missing 1 door. from the rocker it sure looks like a solid body. you could do worse I bet.....

I can practically guarantee you there is someone out there with a rusty coupe parts car that has the doors,fender,and rear glass that could take that one and make a complete car.

The trick is in getting these people together.

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

I can practically guarantee you there is someone out there with a rusty coupe parts car that has the doors,fender,and rear glass that could take that one and make a complete car.

The trick is in getting these people together.

You are right. No vehicle is unrestorable if wanted badly enough. 

S

Was in a hurry I just got the car & car was covered with surface rust & it was suppose to rain that weekend. I got it painted on the weekend in between it raining. I hurried up an shot some paint on it to protect it. Yea right now it has over spray on it & runs etc.. need to clean it all up. Have not had time to clean up the over spray. Still need to get a cop out here an sign off on the vin check & work on getting it running.  With me living in the city limits the city would have been all over this car with it sitting in my driveway & surface rust all over the car. Here they can make you move the car were it dont have current plates on it & give you so long to put it out of sight or be fined for it.

• 3 weeks later...

check an $500 to get title through Lost Title Solutions. I listed the car for sale see if I could trade or sell it. I traded it today for some guns going to sell them an hopefully buy a 78 Ford Ranchero that runs an drives with clear title. The Plymouth good car looks like fun to fix an drive but right now I need something runs an drives an haul some stuff. If I kept the Plymouth it would take over a year just to get it on the road cause I would not be putting much into it per month. Fun car & great group of people here that are helpful an have some great info on vehicles.