1952 Plymouth Suburban

kalve

Do you have the program Paint on your computer? If so open the photo in that program.  In the top bar towards the right side you will see the word resize.  Click on it.  A small window pops up change the 100% to 30, save it and your done.

It is all surface rust on it & on the roof was told a tree branch fell on it I got some spray paint going to sand & spray paint all surface rust today & change out both rear tires & take care of the dents. I got stuff ordered for it come next weekend going to try to start it.

Good luck with it. Hope all your surprises are good ones.

• Like 1

John, 

On a different note, your engine is very impressive like to hear more about it.  Appears you are using two Optium batteries together and a lot of other goodies.  Just learning the forum, have you discused your engine in past post that I can review.  I have a 39 Plymouth Business Coupe.

Regards,

Richard Cope

9 minutes ago, kalve said:

SUNP0053.jpg

Getting all the plugs out was a real bonus! I have a flat 6 at  home that I am going to have to  drill 3 of 6 out and use a tap if I can't get them out with a broken stud extractor after drilling.

could be wrong, but i think that hood badge is '51. wouldn't be surprised if it was a 51 that was re-registered at some point as the wrong year. 51/52 are pretty much identical except for small detail trim. sometimes people will register them under the "year first sold" date instead of the actual model year. just throwing that out there.

ok yea only thing I need is the VIN # on the title to match the car so a officer can sign off on it so I can get the title in my name. I have to have a officer do it were I need there badge number & signature & name of agency. I am going to have Chrysler Historical Services do a Build Card on it & it will tell me the numbers on the car when it left the factory & going to check about having a Build Sheet done as well. Taking the plugs out were super easy just half turn with socket an came right out no problem. I put Mystery Marvel down the cylinders & bought new battery. I also have owners manual, brochure, service manual, spark plugs, sparkplug wires, starter solenoid, ignition coil coming in from ebay. Will try to start it come next weekend after everything gets here.

13 hours ago, Richard Cope said:

John, 

On a different note, your engine is very impressive like to hear more about it.  Appears you are using two Optium batteries together and a lot of other goodies.  Just learning the forum, have you discused your engine in past post that I can review.  I have a 39 Plymouth Business Coupe.

Regards,

Richard Cope

The motor is the original motor 218 bored .040 with an edgy head,Fenton split exhaust manifolds,offenhauser intake, pair of carter weber carbs, 6 volt positive ground alternator, dual optimum 6 volt batterys wired parallel,carter electric fuel pump,aluminum radiator, 3 speed trans with electric overdrive, 20 miles per gallon,

otb oil filter housing with spin on filter,otb coil cover. Hope this answers your questions

yea I traded the 70 AMC Rebel SST Wagon for the 52 Plymouth Suburban. Glad to get rid of the AMC did not want the car when I got it only reason I got it was to hurry up an get rid of a 85 Dodge B350 van I had after some stuff happened with it. Plan to use Plymouth as daily once I get it on the road.