1952 Plymouth Suburban

kalve

Looking to trade my 1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon 360V8 auto for a 1952 Plymouth Suburban 218 6 cylinder 3 speed manual  Guy says Plymouth has been sitting some & need floorboards & quarters. Just wanting to know some basic on the car how hard to rewire 12 Volt? On facebook site some on there said go 6 Volt alternator instead of rewire whole car for 12 Volt. Also being 52 model an has been sitting for a while an was Florida car what should I look for & do to get running? He said some glass cracked how hard is it to find?

Do you know anyone in a old car club,any kind of old car club,that has restored/repaired a old car and gotten it running that can go there with you to check out the car?

1 minute ago, kalve said:

No dont know nobody car is about 50 miles away from me. He said he would bring it out today or tomorrow an we look them over.

He's going to bring it to you so you can look at it?

Seriously??????

How much does this guy want for that car?

Take a good battery, some good cables and a compression gauge with you and you should be able to do a compression  and oil check. The spark plugs are also good things to check.  Good luck, I like the 49-52 Suburbans. Mine is a '53, back fenders are different.

He wants $2000 for the car. He got it in a package deal an wants it gone. He got a 70 Challenger with 340 for him his son got a 49 Plymouth Suburban an the 52 Plymouth Suburban he is wanting to trade me. Says 340 in Challenger is going in 49 Plymouth & 383 going into Challenger.

just remember this...…………...some of the parts you will need can be found here and there, especially here on the web. But major stuff like glass and new steel like kick panels, you may have to make. As far as wiring...……….you can redo the whole car back to 6V or tear everything out and go right to 12V. There are many companies that make wiring harnesses to convert.

ok got the car last night from what I see so far is needs drivers & passenger side rockers & some floors replaced that is it everything else looks good. Other than that needs new headliner & seats & door panels redone & clear lights on the front. VIN # P23-87280 20508481.  An thought car came from Florida its a NC car since new bought at a dealership there an last guy in NC had it lived in Mebane NC so I am 4th owner of it. The 1st owner 1952-1987 then 2nd owner 1987-2017 3rd owner 2017-2018 did nothing to it now me.

Edited by kalve

On 5/28/2018 at 2:21 PM, kalve said:

He wants $2000 for the car. He got it in a package deal an wants it gone. He got a 70 Challenger with 340 for him his son got a 49 Plymouth Suburban an the 52 Plymouth Suburban he is wanting to trade me. Says 340 in Challenger is going in 49 Plymouth & 383 going into Challenger.

He has the rarest mopar muscle Hi-Po small block and he wants to swap a generic find 'em falling off trees 383 into the car..........what a maroon!

for sure, the stock A body 340 would clean the average B-body 383 any day of the week...but a big block in an A body is all the rage...I have an
A body car and a couple B-body big block cars and am on their forums but I cannot understand nor condone the built to the max cars they all seem to want....most are totally worthless for street driving...no manners whatsoever...

Yea this weekend plan to put the chrome back on it an get some dents out of it & take some spray paint & cover up all the surface rust & change the rear tire. Other than that put new battery in it & bolt hood back down & clean it up. Then next weekend start going over the engine & get it running & go from there.  Does anybody know were I can get some rockers for it & the driver side chrome rocker trim?

You'll have something when you're done. If you need help on parts or question feel free to contact me. Good luck

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1