New 37

hkestes41

Two years ago I sold my 48 Plymouth coupe. 

Began looking for something to get started on again. When I mentioned it to my wife she pointed out that I really don't have an adequate place to build another car and she was right. She also pointed out that with my work travel schedule I really don't have time to build another car either and she was right again I hate when that happens. So, my response was "then I will buy one that is already done". Of course that was not the reaction that she was looking for, but agreed. But, the joke is on her because as you know they are never done. 

Had two absolute must criteria for a purchase. 1) Car must be a Mopar and 2) Must have Mopar running gear. Those criteria limited availability of potential candidates. However, I think I found a good one. 37 Plymouth Business Coupe with a 360 Magnum, 727, Vintage Air, Butch's Cool Stuff complete front suspension, Power Disc Brakes, Nice Paint and Interior. I'm not really digging the interior color, but it was well done and I can live with it for a while. 

Flew to Detroit to get the car and drove it back home to Dallas with a side trip to Joplin to visit my mom for a couple of days. It does need some transmission work, but other than that it ran and drove great over the 1300 mile trip. 

Revised.jpg

13.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by hkestes41
  • Like 4

Nice car. Interior looks fine IMO.

50 minutes ago, thebeebe5 said:

Nice car. Interior looks fine IMO.

Yeah the pictures do not show the color well, it is Mauve and a lot more pinkish than the pictures show. 

10 hours ago, BobT-47P15 said:

Nice car Kirk.   Mauve may not be a HAMB friendly color...........LOL

Funny you should say that Bob already had a post about the car deleted for being "off topic", but I will be at the HAMB Drags in August anyway.

Edited by hkestes41