The transmission cover plate was missing when I bought my B3B, but I found one in very good shape on eBay. Only problem is that the plate came from a '48, '49, or '50 and has the oblong hole in it for a floor mounted emergency brake handle. My '51's e-brake handle is under the dash. Does anyone have a photo of a transmission cover plate without that hole. Did Dodge put a plug into the hole for the last three years or simply stamp plates without the hole. I want to know how it should look if I decide to weld it up.

20180523_152447_resized.jpg

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B

the hole was deleted at the B3 model.  The plate also has a little different stamping pattern, but all you'd have to do is fill in the slot and be good to go.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:34 AM, ggdad1951 said:

the hole was deleted at the B3 model.  The plate also has a little different stamping

My b3HH has the floor parking brake and it uses that slot.... but the stamping IS a little different.

after looking at his photo the studs are missing on that pan for his pedal, I am not sure it will work.

Edited by Brent B3B

• 4 months later...

When I bought my B3B both toe boards were missing but I saw a toe board set for a 1950 B2B for sale on ebay and I bought the set. The lower toe board came with the pedal studs attached. The transmission cover is also from a 1950 and it lacked the pedal studs. I guess Dodge moved the studs from the toe board to the trans cover plate in 1951. If anyone has a B3B, it would be interesting to know where the pedal studs are located - toe board or trans cover. In any case, I think my trans cover and toe boards will work out since they are both from a B2B.

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Jocko_51_B3B said:

If anyone has a B3B, it would be interesting to know where the pedal studs are located - toe board or trans cover. 

hi Glenn, If you are buying a center pan be aware of that center hole. I have noticed for the "fluid drive' models it was cut back further....

here is a photo of mine. (my B3B is the black one)

1843270690_centerfloorpan(2)(1280x960).jpg.4ffcfdfde300b33f0bb0ca6291caaa5b.jpg

on my bigger B3 truck, it has the parking brake slot cut out but the pedal studs are the same

133408896_centerfloorpan(1)(960x1280).jpg.93fa7e1cb742250f70f2211bc3eca797.jpg

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Brent,

Your photos are a good reference in case a good B3B transmission cover plate comes up for sale on eBay. It would be interesting to find out how many transmission cover plate variations are out there and to which year and model Pilothouse trucks they belong.

Glenn

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B

The floor pull brake was the standard for 39-47 W series 1/2 ton and 48-49 B series 1/2 ton trrucks.

The 1950 B2B was the first to have the under dash pull brake.

Different weight trucks used the possible hole/slot openings differently depending on purpose.

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1