52 meadowbrook ?

carman72

Hi to all my name is jim and I am hoping you guys can help me out.  I am a mopar guy I have a couple of car's and am looking to add to my little collection. I am going to look at a 52 meadowbrook this sat I don't know a whole lot about them and would like to know about what to look for and what is a fair price for something like this. From what I can tell the guy has the car listed as a 52 but I think it's a 54. it has the inline 6 with a manual trans. Car currently does not run don't know the last time it did. Body looks to be pretty good. It needs a windshield he said someone thru a brick thru it. How hard are the part's to find for these cars. I know they didn't make a whole lot of them but I am a sucker for things that are different. Here is a picture of the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

00x0x_iOQO2hVZydQ_600x450[1].jpg

Edited by carman72

3 hours ago, carman72 said:

Here are a couple more pictures.

00F0F_4ArfQDWgyfD_1200x900[1].jpg

00F0F_eChHpHPxTYZ_1200x900[1].jpg

00S0S_g26QF3Z91EG_1200x900[1].jpg

Looks like a nice,complete,solid car to redo,but I would be concerned about finding another windshield,and if you do find a NOS one it won't be cheap. Make an offer on the car with the possible replacement costs of a windshield in consideration.

Cars in these years aren't worth much in general.  Like most old cars,  it's cheaper in the long run to just buy one done.  If your looking for something fun and reasonably cheap to tinker with and enjoy the hobby they're a fair choice.  You can't build one from a mail order book.  Parts are out there though , if you look.  If you have to have it today, parts have to be NOS and you have a time frame to get this car done it will cost you big bucks.  If you take your time, find junkyards off the beaten path, swap meets, parts cars, craigslist, Facebook, etc. You could fix the car reasonably.  An NOS windshield would probably be expensive for that car but you never know. That's not a high demand car like Roadrunner or Cuda.  Someone that has a windshield for that car might not be asked very often for one and be motivated to move it.  I would find a good used one,  maybe pick up a rusty parts car. Sell what you don't use.  The engines are a great design. Tough, long lasting and well engineered.  These cars were a lot of bang for your buck when new.   Hope this helps good luck with whatever you choose.

I am not looking to restore this car I would like to get it up and running and make it safe to drive around and enjoy it as is. From the pictures what year does it seem to be. Guy said 52 but from what i have seen in pictures it looks like a 54. Thanks for the information on the windshield I figured it would be a problem. I have a list of junkyards to contact if i can get this car for the right price. 

54. I'd hold off for a 2 door unless you are getting it dirt cheap. I paid 2k for a 53 2 door with a 273 and 904 last year. Another few bucks and a little time had it on the road. Still under 4k in a running driving 2 door.

Great little cars, I just picked up a '53 MoorDoor a week ago. Similar condition. I paid $700, has some floor issues, but %100 complete with perfect glass and trim. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I did contact a couple of glass company's and streetrod glass was one of them. They can all get the windshield for 450 to 475 plus shipping which is around 200. I have also located one from a junkyard for 250.  So I am off today to see if I can get this car bought.

2 hours ago, carman72 said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I did contact a couple of glass company's and streetrod glass was one of them. They can all get the windshield for 450 to 475 plus shipping which is around 200. I have also located one from a junkyard for 250.  So I am off today to see if I can get this car bought.

Find out where the glass was made,and ask for customer references. I don't know about now,but a couple of decades ago new windshields and other glass were coming in from Central or South America,and I heard SOME people complain that it was too thin and the rubber didn't fit right.

Also,beware of glass in a junkyard car that has been sitting out in the sun for decades. Old glass can be brittle. Do NOT buy that junkyard windshield unless they take it out for you at that price.

Just update did not buy the car it was in pretty bad shape. All the body mounts where gone and it was full of bondo. It would be good for a parts car but he wasn't coming off his 2500.00 asking price. So the search continues. Thanks for all the replies and I will keep you updated on my search.