1948 dodge club coupe straight 6 harmonic balancer?

Randy Brian

They are called by both names. You will need to us a puller to remove it off the camshaft.  They can be rebuilt. look up damperdan if i remember the name correctly.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

As I remember, the pulley and damper assembly bolt to a hub.  The hub needs a puller to remove, but the pulley can be unbolted.  One of the bolt holes is off the mark, so that the pulley can only be installed with the timiing marks in the right location.     Similarly, the key in the hub assures its proper location. 

Thanks for the help. is it a 2 peice deal bulkanized plus the pulley closest to the motor, so I got 3 peices all together and the thick middle one spins freely, the car runs fine but this looks funny to me. This is on a 48 dodge club coupe 3 window. 

I found another thread about vibration damper, they say some dodge 6 cyl had them and some did not just a pulley, some folks removed theirs with no problems without it. just seems strange to be able to run one without a vibration damper. 

I recently had my 48 Plymouths redone by another company called "Damper Dudes" and they were quite reasonable($140) and quick if I remember correctly.

Good Luck!

On 5/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Randy Brian said:

I found another thread about vibration damper, they say some dodge 6 cyl had them and some did not just a pulley, some folks removed theirs with no problems without it. just seems strange to be able to run one without a vibration damper

My Wayfarer does not have a damper but I also read somewhere that a lot of Fluid Drive cars didn't come with them, but who knows.

2 hours ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

My Wayfarer does not have a damper but I also read somewhere that a lot of Fluid Drive cars didn't come with them, but who knows.

Same with my 49 Wayfarer.