Wheel cylinders

Satyr

Not sure if this topic has come up before... I would bet it has. Going to buy some new wheel cylinders for my 1952 Dodge Wayfarer. Who is a reputable seller with quality wheel cylinders? I would like to keep from spending what little cash I have on cheap junk. Thank you everyone in advance for your replies!

If you are up for rebuilding yours, I have kits for all wheel cylinders and the master I will send you for the cost of shipping. I swapped my rear end to a 8 1/4 and went with discs in the front.

Edited by allbizz49
  • Like 3

This is the wheel cylinder numbers that you can look for during for adventures to swap meets and or ebay.

This info was taken from my EIS and Lockheed brake catalog

EW 10581 upper front right  also fit chry 46-55, desoto 46-55,  dodge 46-56 Ply 46-56 Dodge trk 49-56 use this on rear wheel  casting number 504

EW 10583 lower front right  same as above casing number 504

EW 10580 upper front left same as above casting number 505

EW 10582  lower front left same as above casting number 505

EW 10588  rear right  chysler 46-55 desoto 46-55 dode 46-56 ply 46-56 casting number 506

EW 10588 left rear

I have an IS brake catalog that has alot of detailed informaTION about these brake such as the internal parts, cups piston sping and outer cups. Let me know if you would like a copy I can send one to you.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com 

My first suggestion is no purchase the NOS items if there is any possibility. That is why i listed the wheel cylinder numbers. You can look on ebay or even at swap meets to find these. Before buying Chinese or foreign junk I would suggest that you have your sleeved and then you know what you have and they will work on your car.  Look for NOS. This is why i have been collecting the catalogs and the parts over a 30+ year period for my 39 desoto.  every year as it goes by there is less and less of the good old NOS items. Build up some good quality parts to support your hobby.

Rich Hartung

• Like 1