POWER TO FUSE BLOCK help....

Dennis Detweiler

I used a 30A relay to power my electronic ignition, and vacuum pump that activates with the ignition in the RUN position only.

I used a second 30A relay that powers everything else on the ACC side of the ignition switch.  ACC is also hot in RUN but not vise-versa.

FWIW,

Adam

Edited by Adam H P15 D30

After soaking in several schematics on-line I found my perception wrong. I have my 10 circuit fuse block connected with the battery at the solenoid with a large blade 50amp in-line fuse and 8awg wire. My new observation: I need 5 relays connected to 5 separate circuits on the fuse block that will operate with 5 separate on/off switches and also in injunction with the ignition (key) switch. Some circuits won't require to be connected to the ignition switch (eg. headlights or horn).

I'm looking at my factory wiring schematic for a 39 P-8 and a few hot rod schematics. My 39 has fog lights and turn signals added and I haven't looked at how the previous owner wired them.