Where to mount fuse block

Dennis Detweiler

if you have the inner finders on the 39 Plymouth just like onmy 39 Desoto you can put onthe firewall. when you stge fuse block and you going to use the modern fuses that are in the plastic push blade style or the older style glass fuse'es?  If using the newer style or modern then I would not think you would have any problems with water.  Also remember that on your horn relay there is a glass fuses and this sits directly over the hood hinge and water can get intot he engine compartment via the hinge  so I do not see any issue with a fuse box onthe firewall also easier to work onthe car and trace wires.

rich Hartung

The old horn relay wasn't functional. Someone took the glass fuse out and put a 1/4 in piece of metal rod in it's place, then wired it bypassing the relay. I took the relay off and found that it rattles when shook. Coil must be fried.  I'll be putting a new relay on.

I mounted a new 10 circuit flat blade style fuse box inside and above the steering column today.

Another question: There is a wire to replace (looks like about 10awg) from the battery connection at the solenoid to the ammeter. It's not fused and original schematic doesn't show a fuse. Should I fuse it with it's own fuse in-line at the solenoid? Max output of the generator is 32 amps, so I don't think I should connect it to the new fuse block?

I have an extra 4 circuit fuse block with a cover that I can mount on the firewall in the engine compartment if needing more circuits.

Thanks for all of the info