38 Plymouth rear motor mounts

cruisin66

I have a 38 Plymouth that needs new rear motor mounts. It has a P20 engine which is a 1950. My question is will the 39-56 style rear motor mounts work with this car or do I need the 1938 style, which was a 1 year style? the price difference between the 39-56 style and the 38 style is $50 vs $230

Thanks

Paul

35 to mid 38 had a saddle type mount.........mid 38 on up had a doughnut shaped cushion.   

Then, although they are not identical, they are similar up to 55. 

Thanks for the photo. Really nice '38 for sure. I see that it is a later model '38 due to the headlight placement. The early '38's had the headlights mounted slightly higher and further forward. You can see the difference in the attached photo.

John R

green 38.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your photo as well, it’s a nice looking car. Seems to be the same color as a friend of mines P-6 Business Coupe. I was a founding member of the Heart of America Plymouth Club in Kansas City. We started off with 8 members and three us us had 38’s. A rumble seat P-6 Coupe, a P-6 Business Coupe, and my P-5 2dr. With 38 being such an off production year we though it quite unusual to have three 38’s. 

Paul